Public Affairs Section
The Milan Public Affairs Section handles media and cultural relations for the U.S. Consulate General in Milan. Our overall goal is to strengthen and develop U.S.-Italian relations in Northern Italy by:
- Conveying U.S. government policy directly to Italian audiences.
- Representing American society in all its complexity so Italians can gain a better understanding of our culture and values.
- Using targeted outreach tools to improve relations and increase mutual understanding between our two nations.
The Milan Public Affairs Section works in conjunction with the Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy in Rome in three main areas:
- Media Affairs: Holds press conferences, briefings and interviews, organizes discussions between American specialists with their Italian counterparts, provides texts, transcripts and explanatory articles that describe and explain United States policies.
- Online Media: Maintains the Consulate’s on-line presence, including overseeing our official website (milan.usconsulate.gov) and social media sites (Facebook, YouTube, blogs, Twitter, etc.).
- Programming: Develops and manages an array of public events including conferences, seminars, and round-tables.
- Cultural Affairs: Administers United States government cultural and educational exchange programs between various segments of Italian and American society.
The U.S. Embassy in Rome has an Information Resource Center (IRC) that provides research and reference documentation on virtually all aspects of United States policy, foreign relations, Italian-U.S. relations, domestic American politics, the economy, environment and trade. Visit the Rome IRC’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page or send a query directly to email@example.com or fax to +39 (06) 467-42701.
Note: The Public Affairs Section does not provide information on visas or other consular services. Please consult the Visa Services webpage for all questions about visas and on regulations for traveling to the U.S.
Public Affairs Officer
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Consulate General Milan
via Principe Amedeo 2/10
20121 Milan (Italy)
Tel. (+39) 02-2903.5400
Fax (+39) 02-2900.1165
Hours of Operation
In emergency cases, such as the death, serious injury or arrest of a U.S. citizen in the Milan Consular District, please immediately contact our duty officer at 02-290351. The Consular Section offers emergency walk-in services (for U.S. citizens only), Monday through Friday 8:30 – 12:00 noon.
Please Note: The Consulate is closed during U.S. and Italian holidays.